REMINDERS for IMMUVIT FEARLESS CHALLENGE : NO SURRENDER Trail Run Aug26
****This is not an official press release by IMMUVIT or WITHOUTLIMITS, but my personal reminder to the participants.***
Here are some reminders for the IMMUVIT FEARLESS CHALLENGE : NO SURRENDER Trail Run on Sunday Aug26
– Everyone is advised to ride the SHUTTLE BUS . Parking is limited so unless you’re arriving earlier than the organizer, believe me, ride the bus.
Coach busess shall pick up participants at Shell Commonwealth Avenue (Across UP-Ayala Techno Hub) and back after the event.
The bus schedule is as follows:
Waves Gun Start Time BUS Departure at Shell (for 10k bus leaves every 5am, 5:20am & 6am)
1 6:00am 5:00am
2 6:10am 5:00am
3 6:20am 5:00am
4 6:30am 5:00am
5 6:40am 5:20am
6 6:45am 5:20am
7 6:50am 6:00am
8 6:55am 6:00am
9 7:00am 6:00am
For 5K participants
Waves Gun Start Time BUS Departure at Shell (for 5k bus leaves every 6:30am, 7am & 7:30am)
1 7:30am 6:30am
2 7:40am 6:30am
3 7:50am 6:30am
4 8:00am 7:00am
5 8:10am 7:00am
6 8:20am 7:30am
The race venue is at La Mesa Nature Reserve and NOT, I repeat, NOT, La Mesa Eco Park
BRING YOUR WHISTLE AND GLOVES
– Bring your whistle and gloves. Whistles are to be used in case of emergency or when you get lost. NO INDISCRIMINATE USE OF WHISTLES, its used for emergencies, so dont be the “boy who cried wolf”.
– There will be climbing and crawling. To further protect yourself from abrasion and aid in going about obstacles, WEAR GLOVES
– For “boyscouts” who always bring anything and everything extra, medyo over but you may wear eye protection, knee and elbow guards
– You are not in your normal habitat, its a nature reserve, expect insects. Dont worry, pretty soon you will be crawling with them anyway.
BRING EXTRA CLOTHES
– You will surely get wet and covered in Mud. A shower truck will be provided. “Cowboy” Mode please, this is not going to be no Shangrila so unless you brought and registered your yayey with you, have a down to earth mindset attitude, because you will literally smell like earth after the race. A dressing room tent will also be provided, bring a large beach towel / sarong because there will be no individual cubicles. Aside from your normal workout, do practice changing within the confines of your beach towel / sarong.
WATERPROOF / MUDPROOF PACK your GADGETS
– Make sure that you waterproof pack your gadgets, cellphones, cameras and other gadget. It will get wet, dirty and muddy. Read the manual of your gadget, anything written there that is to avoid like direct sunlight, dirt, mud, grime, water, fire.. it will surely be exposed to that.
WEAR YOUR RACE BIB ON YOUR CHEST
– This may prove much of a challenge for some but it is advised that you wear your race bib on your chest. Why? After jumping, hiking and crawling on dirt and mud, I doubt if we can still read the race bib after you crawl on your belly and get on all fours.
PROPERLY DISPOSE CUPS IN TRASH BINS. DO NOT BRING HOME PLANTS, WILD ANIMALS, TREES
– This is a nature reserve and we would like the flora and fauna to remain that way. If you have seen avatar, or shake rattle and roll, get the picture. The place is sacred to those living there. Properly dispose cups in trash bins and do not bring home, plants, animals, insects, reptiles, or for bonsai lovers.. tree barks. DO NOT LITTER!!!! If you violate any of these, you clearly havent heard of the old folk saying “tabi tabi po”
Huwag mo nang i-uwi at baka kung ano pa mai-uwi mo. ( insert creepy music here)
LAST SWEEP OF RUNNERS at 11:00AM
– For everyone’s safety last sweep of runners will be 11:00am and will strictly be enforced. So unless you want to get lost and be permanently be part of the nature reserve do comply.
HAVE AN ADVENTUROUS HEART
– Watch some testoterone filled movie the day before, anything warrior driven, visions of sparta, millitary training, predator, shake rattle and roll, whatever floats your boat. Walang basagan ng trip. This is going to be a trail run, a trail run is challenging as it is as the terrain varies. Expect uphills and downhills. Plants, shrubs, etc. To up the ante, you will be faced with obstacles as well. Lets just say all the elements found in Avatar the Last Air Bender will be present in the race, figuratively or somewhat literally. Its a surprise.
– Mud. Expect 100 hues of mud gray and brown to be predominant in the race.
Bring your own sunshine! Rain or shine, let your smile light up the event!
See you all there
~~~ Running Host Boy Ramos