Its going to be the 4th (QCIM) Quezon City International Marathon on Dec 2,2012. This year ( and I can personally vouch for this ) the race is going to be much more race friendly. By “race friendly” I mean better and more professional marshaling, better hydration and better logisitcs organization for a smooth race from registration, race day till results publishing.
QCIM is still brought to us by RUNNEX Running Executives. They are a running group composed of, should I say “seasoned” runners (friend and blogger Jazzrunner is one of them) thats been around for more than 2 decades. This year however, its going to be organized by WithoutLimits and PROACTIVE.. both race organizing companies have proven outstanding track record in their races as regard to organization, logistics, hydration, timing and promotion. If you have “brand loyalty” or choosy with brands.. believe me theyre a good brand.. and youre in good hands.
Expect the hosting to be.. well topnotch still.. naks! .. yes .. IIll be hosting. This is to recap of last year’s QCIM where I got to be with some of my running friends.
Wondering which celebrities will be gracing the race this year? Im not sure but im looking forward to seeing the following running celebrities that I got to be with in last year’s QCIM
For the race details:…
The 4th Quezon City International Marathon fires off on Dec. 2 with the race route covering a major portion of Commonwealth Avenue and La Mesa Eco-Park.
The Executive Runners Club of the Philippines, the country’s oldest executive running club, has managed the race since 2009 for the Quezon City Local Government, under Mayor Herbert Bautista in coordination with the Office of Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte.
Runnex expects to attract more than 10,000 runners in the 2012 QCIM, which has SM Development Corporation as co-presentor for the second year. Attractive cash prizes and giveaways are up for grabs in the 5-, 10-,21- and 42-K runs.
A free running clinic is also held every Sunday at the University of the Philippines Academic Oval in Diliman, Quezon City to help prepare runners for the basic and longer distances.
4th Quezon City International Marathon “QCIM” 2012
December 2, 2012
Commonwealth Avenue and La Mesa Eco-Park
5k – P400
10k – P500
21k – P600
42k – P800
5k – $18 or P750
10k – $24 or P1,000
21k – $48 or P2,000
42k – $72 or P3,000
Just a word of advice.. If youre one of the local elite athletes and youre going for the BIG WIN.. be sure to register in the INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY where the stakes are higher
FOR 42KM RUNNERS
1. The 42km gunstart is moved to 3am instead of 4am
2. Time limit for 42km is increased to 7 hours instead of 6 hours.
– Singlet sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, 2XL. Availability of sizes is first come, first serve and while supplies last.
– Race kit includes: Race singlet , Race Bib with B-TAG chip (Chrono Track timing system), Safety Pins
– Finishers Medals will be given to 21km & 42km finishers.
– Finishers’ loot bag for all participants will be available.
Quezon City residents, students, employees of companies and organizations based in Quezon City may avail of a P50.00 discount by presenting any valid ID (school ID, SSS, Company ID with QC address, Postal ID, Driver’s License) upon registration.
Registration Venues: (October 15, 2012 – November 26, 2012)
– Chris Sports SM North Annex
– Chris Sports SM Megamall
– Chris Sports SM Fairview
– Chris Sports SM MOA
– Chris Sports SM Manila
– Fitness & Athletics BGC, 9th Avenue corner 28th Street
– All Terra Cyclery Club 650, Eastwood Libis
– All Terra Cyclery MC Home Depot, Julia Vargas, Ortigas
– Runnex Office, UP Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman
– SM MOA – Field Residences Showroom
– SM Megamall – Blue Residences Showroom
– SM North EDSA – Grass Residences Showroom
Race routes are as follows
the 10km race route
Looking forward to see you this 4th QCIM and I think its going to be great the 4th time around!