Pe Express Doggie Run 2013
Its time for Doggie to have his own race bib!
This is a fun event specially for those closest to their hearts! Running ! and their pet dog!
Before anything make sure that your dog is already eased in running with you. Be wary of the temperature as dogs are very susceptible to overheating. Dogs cannot sweat like humans can, and heat is dissipated primarily through panting and via the paws. In hot weather, it’s very easy for a dog to overheat, and hyperthermia can be life threatening.
I personally suggest you bring a small b0ttle for your dog for hydration.
Make sure you bring doggie toiletries to clean up should your dog poo at the race site.
Im really excited to host this event! This will be a first for me!
They say that good things come in 3’s, so you’d better get ready for another fun-filled day with your dogs and fellow dog lovers at the Pet Express Doggie Run Year 3! On March 23, 2013 (Saturday), expect 1000 doggie runners and their humans to hit the streets of SM Mall of Asia at the Pet Express Doggie Run 2013. Participants may register in the 1.5K, 3K, or 5K race categories.
Runners will get an event running shirt, race bib, and timing chip, while the doggie runners get a doggie bandana and doggie race bib they can personalize. All dog registrants who crosses the finish line will get their very own doggie finisher medal and loot bag.
Also featured during the run is the exciting dog sport, Flyball, a team relay game that will surely make you get up on your feet and cheer. This exhibition game, in cooperation with PCCI (Philippine Canine Club Inc.) is a sneak peek into the next big thing in dog sports that will hit the Philippines.
Part of the proceeds of the Doggie Run 2013 will be donated to PAWS (The Philippine Animal Welfare Society). Come and enjoy the sponsor game booths, souvenir photos, and raffle prizes that are up for grabs.
Registration is ongoing in all Pet Express branches (Corinthian Hills, Greenhills, SM Cubao, SM Hypermarket Makati, SM City Masinag, SM City North Edsa, and SM Mall of Asia) until March 20, 2012. Registration will be continued in Mall of Asia branch from March 21-23. On-site registration during the race day will depend on the availability of race kits. Race fee is P500 for the Doggie Race Kit and P400 for the Human Race Kit.
This event is made possible with the support of Holistic Recipe, Beef Meal, Espree, Hartz, Pedigree, Cesar, Ezydog, Frontline, Royal Canin, Kong, Wahl, Sergeant’s, Orijen, Acana, Kibbles ‘N Bits, Doggyman, Nutripet, Bayer Advocate, Virbac Nutriplus Gel, Pampered Pooch, Play Pets, Canidae, Cosi, Pawsh Couture, and Toy Kingdom.
For more Doggie Run 2013 details, visit the Pet Express Facebook page.
• P500 Doggie Race Kit
• P400 (human race bib, dri-fit running shirt, insurance coverage, donation to PAWS only)
On-Site Registration Fee – P550
1. Register at any Pet Express branch.
(Corinthian Hills 696-7400, Greenhills- 705-1176, SM City Masinag 477-8659, SM City North Edsa- 921-9442, SM Cubao 912-5924, SM Hypermarket Makati 843-7174, SM Mall of Asia 836-8955)
2. Race kits will be given upon payment to Pet Express.
Pet Express Doggie Run 2013 Race Kit (P500) includes:
• Event Dri-fit Running Shirt
• Event Dog Bandana
• Race Bib (for human)
• Timing Chip
• Race Bib (for dog)
• Insurance Coverage
• Donation to PAWS (The Philippine Animal Welfare Society)
For Registered Doggie Finishers:
• Doggie Finisher Medal
• Doggie Finisher Loot Bag
5K- 5:40 A.M.
3K- 5:50 A.M.
1.5K- 6:00 A.M.
Pet Express Doggie Run 2013 Features:
• 1.5/3/5K Run
• Flyball Exhibition (NEW!)
• Sponsor Game Booths
• Souvenir Photo Booth
• Raffle Prizes
Dog Runner Winners:
• 1.5K- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place (only toy/small dogs are eligible to win in this category)
• 3K- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place (all breeds/sizes)
• 5K- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place (all breeds/sizes)
1. All participating dogs must be properly vaccinated (Please bring vaccination records).
2. Bitches must not be in heat.
3. Please keep your dogs on a leash.
4. Please provide a muzzle for unfriendly dogs.
5. Please be considerate and pick up after your dog’s waste.
6. Never leave your dog unattended. Pet Express will not be liable for dogs that are lost or missing during the event.
7. The organizers reserve the right to reject the participation of a dog that might cause disruption or disturbance in the event (i.e. dogs with aggressive behavior, bitches in heat, etc.)